The Rotary Oak was planted by Silloth-on-Solway Rotary Club to commemorate the centenary of Rotary International 1905-2005. Surrounded by an ornate metal tree guard with a slate plaque. The tree is surrounded by a two metre stone sett circular paving area, with ‘cog’ edges to resemble a rotary wheel. Three modern picnic benches have been installed around the tree.
Volunteers from the club look after the area around the tree.